Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Happy Birthday, Indonesia!

17th August marks Indonesia's independence day. 71 years ago, the first president of Indonesia, Ir. Soekarno proclaimed the independence day of Indonesia. On 18th August, I celebrated the independence day at school, where it is an annual event. The day started with the whole school marching together along with the school's marching band, before the flag raising ceremony. We sang the national anthem, prayed for the national heroes who have passed away and read the proclamation text. The celebration then continued with performances from students from our school. Those performances included traditional dances, national songs, drama acts and Indonesian traditional costume fashion show. The rest of the day was filled with fun games and activities provided by the teachers.  An example of the game is kerupuk (chips) eating competition, it involves the tying of chips onto strings raised in the air and we have to try to finish it without using our hands. The purpose of this game is to remind people about how people in Indonesia lived in poverty during the colonisation. I really enjoyed this day as I got to spend a lot of time with my friends, and it just reminds me of how much I love my country.




Sack race

Celine


Kerupuk eating

Charisa

Celine & I


Fayola & Celine

Sarong football

That's all for my post today! I will try my best to update as often as possible in the future. Thank you!



-N



No comments:

Post a Comment